The Whitebriars was built in the 1920's as a country house for Sir Norman Birkett, then a famous lawyer, who subsequently became Lord Chief Justice of England. In later years the house became a hotel, until 1982, when it was first registered as a Residential Care Home. The House, although enlarged and modernised throughout the years, still retains a country house atmosphere.
Accommodation in the home consists of 25 spacious en-suite rooms, carpeted and furnished to a high standard, all fitted with central heating and an intercom system. There are several ground floor rooms and Stannah stair lifts ensure access to all other floors. There is also a communal lounge, sun room and separate dining room.
The Whitebriars is ideally situated approximately 50 yards from the seafront, close to the De La Warr Pavilion and within easy walking distance of the town centre shops and mainline railway station.